The last couple of months have seen Australian cattle prices surge to unprecedented levels. Strong demand fundamentals, particularly in our key markets, and the expected tightening in Australian supplies, bode well for a continuation of this good fortune.
So, how far could cattle markets go? What risks are there? And what’s likely to happen if El Nino eventuates?
In this webinar, Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) Manager Market Information, Ben Thomas, will outline MLA's cattle projections for the next five years. Mecardo analyst, Augusto Semmelroth, will then take a look at what these projections might mean for cattle prices down the track.
During this webinar you will learn about:
- Key drivers of the cattle market over the next five years
- Risks and opportunities in the market
- Likely impact of El Nino on cattle markets
- Price outlook for Australian cattle markets
- Date: Tuesday 21 July 2015
- Time: 1.00pm AEST - QLD, NSW, VIC, TAS (SA – 12.30pm; WA – 11.00am)
- Duration: 1 hour
- Cost: This webinar is free to attend. In addition, all non-Mecardo subscribers will receive one month Premium access to Mecardo for free
Note: Don't worry if you can't attend at this time. Register anyway and we will send you the recording to watch at your leisure.
About the presenters:
Ben Thomas, Manager Market Information, MLA
Ben is the Manager of Market Information and the National Livestock Reporting Service at MLA, where he has been employed since 2012. Ben’s responsibilities include writing the quarterly beef and lamb industry projections, along with regular industry market publications.
Augusto Semmelroth, Market Analyst, Mecardo
Augusto is responsible for much of Mecardo’s in-depth analysis of livestock markets, and manages Ag Concepts’ Riemann wool forward trading book. Augusto holds a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomic Engineering from the University of Sao Paulo (Brazil), and a Master of Agribusiness from the University of Melbourne.